Why Simple Privacy?
Simple Privacy responds to three clear problems:
- If they do read it, they probably donâ€™t understand it.
- Even if they understand it, it may not be legally compliant.
What is Simple Privacy?
It will allow businesses to show, and customers to understand, what will happen to personal information collected by their website.
Who can use Simple Privacy?
Simple Privacy will enable customers and users of sites to quickly understand how the site will handle the personal information it collects from them. At the moment, our system works best for small to medium Australian businesses and Australian federal government departments. In the future, we intend to expand it to Australian state and territory governments and then to other countries.
If you collect financial or sensitive information (such as medical information) you must be encrypting it to use this policy generator.
What do you need to get started?
You will need to have:
- The name and email address of your privacy contact person (it may be you).
- A link on your website to a list of the names and web addresses of businesses to whom you might share or disclose personal information you collect.
- The name of the person to contact or a link to a page of your website which will allow individuals to change or amend their personal information (it may be the same as (1) above).
We will hold this information while you are filling out our form, and then throw it away. We don’t keep your personal information after you have generated your policy.